Saturday, July 25, 2009

What is the fuss about Harry Potter






Now the new Harry Potter movie has released. This again has broken all record in the box office. There may be many die hard fans of this movie. But, I didn’t like these Harry Potter movies. I have seen only the first movie. Well it seemed to be good then because it was new and all looked balanced. The Harry Potter looked cute, because he was a child. All other child actors looked cute and innocent. But after that all, changed

Well, I generally don’t like sequels. If you ate same sweet again and again you get bored. The remaining sequels were full of magic and all other stuffs. Some times the film looked like some science fiction movie, with news papers that had moving images. Well the whole movie is in the hand of special effects team. And the story seemed stupid and too confusing to me. I don’t know how people love this movie.

I tried to see some of these sequels when they were aired on Cable TV. But, I couldn’t complete any of them. It didn’t seem interesting to me.

Now they have introduced romance into them. The actors are no more kids, they have grown up with the movie. They are now teenagers. I think, its time to replace them.

I think, Rowling is a lucky lady, she has become millionaire with the book and the movie. I don’t think it is difficult to write such a story. You can write anything which comes to your mind, whether it makes sense or not, doesn’t matter, because it is an imaginary world, full of magic. So anything can happen here. A car can suddenly fly, a pen can talk and give you answers to the exam! I can’t see why people don’t get bored by repeatedly seeing these things.
If Rowling was in India she would have never earned such money and publicity. The Americans and Europeans are very good at marketing these things. I think the media hype generated by them has caused the book to be such popular. I think there is well prepared media propaganda. Without this I don’t think that this book would be such popular. And us Indians are after what westerners promote and are ready to swallow what they provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like

Blog Widget by LinkWithin